Job ID 19918
Academic Staff | UNIC Medical School | The vacancy will remain open until is filled
The University of Nicosia Medical School announces 2 Faculty positions in General Practice / Family Medicine, in the Department of Primary Care and Population Health.
- A position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor of General Practice/ Family Medicine
- A position at the rank of Assistant Professor of General Practice / Family Medicine
- The continuous improvement / enhancement / update of the teaching methodology and the content of General Practice / Family Medicine curriculum for the relevant degree programmes of the Medical School
- The development of personal research activity, the organization, coordination and guidance of a research group, and the attainment of external funding for the research activity
- Practising General Medicine at the University of Nicosia Medical Centre
- Medical Degree
- Relevant postgraduate medical qualification (such as MRCGP or equivalent)
- Doctoral Degree
- Previous academic experience
- Evidence of research work and scientific contribution
- Experience in organizing and teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Holder of a license / or ability to obtain a license to practice General Medicine / Family Medicine in Cyprus
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English (the language of instruction is English)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications electronically by providing the below listed documents in English to the following email address: [email protected]
- Letter of expression of interest
- Complete Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- A one-page research statement describing previous and current research, as well as future plans
- A one-page description of teaching experience
- Two Reference Letters
The positions will remain open until filled.
The ideal candidate should be eligible to work in the European Union/ European Economic Area.
Please include the title of the position you are applying for and the reference number F22GPFM01 in the subject line of your email.
Candidates will know that their online application has been successfully submitted when they receive an automatic confirmation message.
University of Nicosia
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is one of the leading comprehensive research-oriented universities in the Mediterranean region, committed to teaching, research and innovation, sustainability, societal engagement and contribution to culture. The University offers more than 100 conventional face-to-face (on campus) and distance learning online programmes at the Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree level, hosting more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries. The University’s academic standing and global outlook have been reflected in outstanding results in international rankings. Indicatively, UNIC has been recognised by Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022 as being among the top 3% of universities in the world.
The Medical School
In 2011, UNIC established the first Medical School in Cyprus. Since then, the Medical School has become known in Cyprus and abroad for its innovative and quality education and rich research output. Students benefit from world-class faculty members, experienced and supportive staff, international partnerships, and state-of-the-art facilities and learning resources.
The School’s research strategy espouses the holistic concept of One Health which emphasizes the relationship between the health of humans and animals within a healthy, sustainable environment and promotes the conduct of clinical, epidemiological, basic science and social science research. Our research focus lies in areas of brain health and disease, cancer biology and oncology, regenerative medicine and genetics, infectious diseases, medical education, clinical communication and health psychology, medical physics and emerging technologies, environmental health, biostatistics and research methodology, public health policy, and clinical and primary care research.
The Medical School offers six programmes: Two medical degree programmes: a School-Leaver six- year Doctor of Medicine degree, a Graduate-Entry Doctor of Medicine degree, Master’s degrees in Family Medicine (MScFM), Public Health (MPH) and Health Services Administration (MScHSA), and a PhD in Medical Sciences. Based on graduate employment data for the years 2015-2021, out of a total of 600 graduates, 599, a percentage of 99.8%, have secured employment in more than 200 Medical Centres worldwide.
The Medical School has developed a model University Medical Centre which operates under the Cyprus General Healthcare System (GHS) and serves the primary health care needs of the University of Nicosia community, their families, and the population at large. In addition, the Medical Centre produces research work in the fields of general medicine and public health and is utilized for the clinical training of the University’s medical students.
Equal Opportunities Policy Statement
The University of Nicosia is committed to providing equal opportunities in selection for employment and has established conditions where all employees are hired solely on the basis of their merit, abilities, skills and potential.
Selection and recruitment are made in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Policy Statement set out above, which is communicated to all recruitment agencies with which the University deals. Hiring decisions are based on job-related criteria only. In this way the University ensures that the talents and skills of all employees are fully utilized.