We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to be based in Limassol, Cyprus. The successful candidate will be analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, migrating, maintaining and repairing Systems Infrastructure and the associated application components and must be able to do so from inception to hand-over in an autonomous, self-sufficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Member of the Infrastructure Team to contribute from solution design to delivery, implementation, maintenance and support,
- Design, installation and configuration of complete Infrastructure solutions, including components like Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Backup, Operating Systems, Cloud IaaS and other,
- Design Hybrid Cloud solutions utilizing technology components from the leading vendors in the industry, like, Microsoft, HPE, IBM, Lenovo, Huawei, AWS.
- Design and implement robust Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions,
- Design, implement and support Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Hyper-V, VMware, Veeam,
- Plan, install, configure and support Microsoft Cloud Services (Azure, Office 365)
- Engage in Presales activities and help the Presales team to design the best techno-economical solution, including the presentation of the turn-key solution to the customers,
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives,
- Achieve reliable, timely and high-quality design and deployment work, troubleshoot malfunctions of hardware and related operating systems to resolve operational issues and restore services and be able to accurately diagnose root cause(s),
- Day-to-day operations, maintenance, monitoring, upgrades of Infrastructure solutions,
- Primary customer technical contact to drive problem determination and resolution,
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of hardware, software, and other Systems problem(s),
- Work on-site with customers to provide technical support, setup assistance, and technical coverage for Infrastructure solutions,
- Respond to inquiries from clients, staff, service providers and vendors to provide technical assistance and support,
- Work with a team to deliver a turn-key solution to the customer,
- Any other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Skills
- ≥ 3 years of hands-on experience as a Systems Engineer,
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field,
- Master’s degree in a related field will be considered as an advantage,
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure components, including in-depth knowledge of Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Backup, Operating Systems, Cloud IaaS/PaaS and other.
- The following Certifications will be considered as an advantage:
- For Servers and Storage with HPE, Lenovo, IBM, Huawei and Oracle
- For Virtualization, Backup, Operating Systems with Microsoft, VMware, Veeam & Linux
- For Cloud IaaS/PaaS with AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM
- Knowledge and familiarity with using the Systems Management and Monitoring tools,
- Team player and strong time management and organizational skills,
- Fluency in English (both speaking and writing).
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Logicom is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all regardless of their race, color, sex/gender, religion, age, marital status, cultural background, disability, nationality and political opinion. Employees are hired solely based on a specific vacancy’s requirements, taking into consideration the qualifications, previous experience and potential of each individual candidate.
We reserve the right to remove the announcement from circulation at any point in time when a satisfactory number of applications has been received.
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted.