If you are looking for your next step in your career, be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
TSYS is seeking Senior Database Engineers to join our Data Conversion team and work on database solutions for data conversion purposes. The ideal candidate will have the chance to design and implement innovative repeatable processes for large data migrations. Our expectation is to exchange knowledge and experiences to help both our existing team of experts and the new team member to grow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop new standardizations that will be used by delivery teams through multiple, critical projects.
- Design & deliver solutions to improve the quality and efficiency of the current processes.
- Learn and work with card processing industry standards guided by subject experts with an opportunity to learn new technology concepts such as Amazon Cloud (AWS), Kubernetes, CI/CD tools and much more.
- Participate in innovation programs and foster the crafting of new conversion products.
- Maintain existing data conversion methodology and processes.
- Collaborate with data conversion teams to support client specific requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in a Database Engineer role.
- Technical skills in Database Development and performance tuning.
- Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one relational database engine.
- Experience in end-to-end project implementation delivery and awareness on SDLC.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel to client premises.
- Oracle PL/SQL Development experience will be considered as a plus.
- Experience in working with large datasets.
- AWS and Jenkins Automation knowledge.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages – Shell, Python, Perl.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.