We are looking for high caliber professionals, enthusiastic for the profession who really care about making a difference and creating value for themselves and others to join our Tax team in Nicosia. These are exciting opportunities for ACA / ACCA qualified professionals (or about to become qualified), with background in Tax. Successful candidates will report to a Tax Senior Manager and will work closely with the rest of the team to provide a wide range of tax compliance and advisory services to a large portfolio of clients across all sectors of business in Cyprus and beyond.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Establishes effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Contributes to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Prepares tax computations and all types of tax forms and returns.
- Supports managers on tax planning and other ad hoc projects.
- Assists with the preparation of tax reports and reviewing documents.
- Acts as a point of contact on specific projects for any queries from the business.
- Keeps up to date with all developments in the field of direct taxation.
- Has direct communication with the tax authorities
Skills / Requirements:
- ACA/ACCA professional qualification (at least 3 years’ experience specializing in Tax).
- Good knowledge of the Cyprus Tax legislation and principles of International Tax Law.
- Experience with preparation of all types of tax forms and returns.
- Team player and flexible to work on various types of assignments both independently and in a team.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with strong focus on quality.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (Greek and English language)
- IT literate with sound knowledge and experience of MS Office.
- Enthusiastic and positive, living up to our CLEARR values of Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies.
- A workplace with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients.
- International exposure through our Grant Thornton network and global opportunities.
- A Learning & Development path, which focuses on both technical & soft skills. You will also have access to coaching and mentoring
- Your professional and personal success is our commitment.
Other benefits to support you in every way possible:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package, including recognition schemes and 13th salary
- Overtime / Bonus scheme
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Parental leave allowance
- “Be there for our family paid leave” scheme
- “Giving back to the community paid time off” scheme
- “Flexible Working Arrangements” scheme
- “Dress For Your Diary” scheme
- Afternoon off on Fridays
- Four-day long weekends in August (all Fridays free)
- “We never miss a public holiday” scheme
- Sponsorship of yearly professional subscriptions
- Several opportunities for professional and personal growth through our Grant Thornton International network
What you will you need to do next?
If you believe that Grant Thornton is the right place for you, you have the right attitude, skills, aspiration for success and share our CLEARR values we invite you to submit your application online through https://www.grantthornton.com.cy together with uploading your latest CV.
Through our fair, transparent and consistent resourcing procedures, we are committed to ensure that the candidate experience for all applicants is of the highest professional standards.