On behalf of our client, a well-known International Construction Company with expanding business in Cyprus, we are seeking to employ a high caliber individual for the position of Senior Accountant to be based at our client’s premises in Nicosia.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will have the overall responsibility for the smooth operation of the day-to-day tasks of the accounting department. More specifically, he/she will be dealing with the following duties:
- Ensuring the proper record keeping and accounts, inventory and cost reconciliations
- Preparation of Project Financials, Financial statements, Group’s Consolidated Financial Reporting as per Local and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Preparation of Annual and Periodic Budget and Variances Reports, Cash Flow Management, Forecasting and Planning
- Ensuring Compliance with Tax, Legal and Statutory obligations and with Internal and External Audits
- Collecting and effectively using financial, accounting, budget and statistical data for internal and external reporting purposes
- Working closely and cooperating with various departments as well with suppliers and subcontractors to assure proper acquisition of information, documentation and cost control functions.
- Supervising the smooth flow of work (Larnaca, Limassol, Ayia Napa) and be prepared to travel to the offices maintained at the construction sites (as requested by management) to ensure that work is properly conducted.
- University Degree in Accounting and/or Finance or in any other relevant field
- Proven prior professional experience in a similar position at a similar level
- Relevant certification or being a partly qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA) will be considered as an advantage
- Previous experience in the construction industry will be considered as a strong advantage
- Knowledge of SAP software will be considered as a strong advantage
- Computer Literacy (MS office)
- Excellent Knowledge of the Greek and English Languages
- Excellent numeric and business acumen with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Professionalism, integrity, energy
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, based on qualifications and experience.
Should the above position is of interest to you, send us your CV at the following email address: [email protected] quoting the relevant code SA/01/2023. Kindly note that candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be contacted for an interview.