The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a Centre of Excellence for marine and maritime research, innovation and technology development and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program and matching funding from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, contribute to research proposals, author scientific reports, conference, and journal publications, and develop hardware and software tools. Successful candidates are expected to have skills within the broad field of Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Engineering, and Mathematics.
We seek to recruit visionary Scientists with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research work at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is a great incentive to collaborate towards forging the direction of the Institute and to capitalise on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. We seek scientists who will be excited to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to MaRIC’s growth.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A BSc, MSc, or PhD in Robotics, Mechatronics, Control or a relevant discipline.
- Previous relevant academic or industrial experience will be considered an advantage.
- High-impact publication on relevant topics will be considered an advantage.
- Skilled in ROS and Python or C/C++.
- Practical experience in Robotics algorithms (Sensor Fusion, SLAM, Navigation, Modelling) will be considered an advantage.
- Successful participation in successful research grant applications will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal).
- Passionate about research and new technologies.
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking.
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Eager to learn.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Purpose-driven organisation
- A culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to r[email protected](Position Reference MaRIC2022_1) no later than the 5th of October 2022.
- A cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability (1-page maximum)
- Short description of academic, research, or industrial experience (1-page maximum)
- Plans for Research and Innovation at CMMI (1-page maximum).
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information, don’t hesitate to contact us at +357 24506122 or by email at [email protected].