Job ID 21985
We are looking for a graduate in Educational Science or STEM (such as Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Information Technology, etc.) for the ENGINO STEM exploration centers in Limassol and Nicosia.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and testing prototype STEM lesson plans for children ages 4 and up, teaching hands-on workshops using various ENGINO technologies, and anything else assigned by management within the multisite. He will also participate in the presentation of the activities in schools and other events outside the multipurpose hall.
Full time position.
At Engino we design and build cutting-edge learning game systems that help children aged 3 to 16 develop 21st century skills such as algorithmic and critical thinking as well as problem solving through playful creative building activities, robot programming and scientific experimentation. Having received many patents and international awards, including the “Best Place to Work” seal, we aim to continue to lead the field of STEM education by investing in new people who can join our team. As our company grows, we continue to innovate, developing services, systems and products that will inspire the next generation of inventors.
- To teach and run the various workshops offered in our centers such as STEM and MAKERSPACE for students aged 3 and above using the ENGINO system, software and lesson plans, also providing feedback for improvement.
- Be able to develop original lesson plans that will have gamification, problem-based learning and experimentation for students aged 3-16, as they relate to STEM and in line with the latest pedagogical trends in wider education.
- Write supporting theories and quizzes for the various modules, suitable for each age group.
- To develop teachers’ manuals and methodologies and to train the Teachers.
- To be able to present/sell the company’s products and services at the store in Limassol or Nicosia, or at trade fairs and conferences.
- Research the competition and the latest pedagogic trends to be able to propose and help develop new products and solutions in collaboration with other ENGINO departments.
- Test new solutions with students, collect data, conduct interviews and analyze results to assist in writing academic papers and research proposals.
- Communicate with parents or organizations to promote our services and also arrange the timing of workshops or other activities such as birthday parties and school visits.
- Provide support to our STEM EXPLORATION CENTER as needed for the promotion and sales of services or products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or any STEM fields (Physics, Technology, Science and Mathematics).
- Master’s or PhD in Educational Science or degree related to STEM & Robotics in Education will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
Location and working hours:
The main work will be in their city, Limassol or Nicosia depending on where they apply, but they should be able to move to other cities when needed and based on the needs of the program. For trips outside the city you will be given a travel allowance. Regular visits to the company’s R&D Offices in Ypsonas may also be required to coordinate with the team.
Working hours are 40-46 per week, divided into 6 days per week except Sunday. The schedule of the day will depend on the workshops organized from the previous week, but in general it can start from 8:30 with visits to schools (or schools in the multisite) and end around 19:30 when there are workshops until this time.
Remuneration package offered:
The salary starts from 1200 euros gross per month for teachers with less than 2 years of teaching experience in the subject and depending on the degree and experience can be up to 1500 euros gross per month with fast progression.
When 12 months of service are completed a 13th salary will be given
Candidates can send their resume to [email protected] with title ‘Science and Technology Teacher’.