The person in this role is responsible for the overall management and delivery of the project’s operation and contractual requirements.
- Ensuring that the operation of the works continues uninterrupted.
- Liaising with the Employer and community liaison groups and reporting on progress and compliance with the contract.
- Ensuring compliance with notification requirements and resource consent.
- Managing and coordinating the Commissioning Contractor’s activities to ensure the contract progress on time, within budget and in compliance with the agreement.
- Ensuring compliance of all activities with statutory and legal requirements in particular regarding health, safety and environmental issues.
- Reporting performance of all activities and budget to the Employer.
- Ensuring that appropriate operating standards are set and operational procedures are in place and followed.
- Reporting the Plant’s compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements to the Employer.
- Ensuring facilities operate within the budgetary requirements.
- Ensuring compliance of operations with the Employer’s requirements.
- Ensuring operations are carried out safely for staff, the environment and emergency response.
- Maintaining a Complaints Register.
- Developing sound relations with the community, liaising with community groups and the media and organizing tours for the general public and specialists.
- Ensuring all procedures that form a part of the Quality Assurance System for the Facilities are implemented by all staff and leading the Facilities to successful Third-Party Certification of the Quality Assurance System.
- Ensuring that all Operations Staff are fully trained to adhere to all procedures and plans which form a part of the Quality Assurance System.
- Managing the human resources for the Facilities including selection, interview, performance assessment, training needs evaluation and supervision, and liaising with the unions when appropriate.
- Preparing the operations budget and operating the Facilities within the parameters.
- Negotiating purchase agreements for the supply of chemicals, parts and services to the scheme and liaising with suppliers.
- Ensuring non-conformances are documented and managed in accordance with the Quality Assurance System.
- Ensuring preventive/corrective actions are effectively implemented in accordance with the Quality Assurance System and completion reported to the Employer.
Key requirements for the position:
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering with minimum experience of 5 years in plant operation of Water Waste Treatment Plant of minimum capacity 10000 cu.m./day
- At least 5-year experience in Waste Water Treatment plants
- Knowledge and relevant experience of Water Treatment Plants for the same duration
- Planning and organisation skills
- Communication and interpersonal Skills
- Project management skills
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, according to qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply by 31st of August 2022.
Interested applicants should send their CV to [email protected] using the Reference Code HRSJ01
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted