The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) invites applications for the recruitment by CMMI of qualified applicants for Naval Architects positions in the Marine and Offshore Science, Technology and Engineering Centre (MOSTEC) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period will be for a fixed-term contract, with the possibility of renewal.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities, industry, and international partners.
MOSTEC’s key areas of interest:
MOSTEC’s areas of interest include but are not restricted to, vessel design and operations, vessel performance optimisation, autonomous vessel operation, maritime electrification, offshore platforms for renewable energy production, climate change, and decarbonisation of the shipping industry.
Successful candidates will be able to sustain their existing network and grow their profile by utilizing CMMI’s contacts, and links to industry and academia, including our international Advanced Partners, the University of Southampton’s SMMI, and the Marine Institute (Ireland) and Bluewise Marine (Ireland).
We seek energising candidates with diverse knowledge and experience of maritime operations, ship design, marine engineering, and willingness to work in a shipping environment including onboard vessels and within shipyards and ports. We actively interact and engage with respective multinational personnel and travel extensively.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI’s self-funded projects, EU/RIF funded projects, its educational and training activities, and the provision of services to industry and government organizations.
Projects include the design, manufacturing and operation of small and oceangoing vessels, marine robotic systems, buoys, offshore platforms, moorings, development of digital twins (including small vessels and marine systems), risk assessment and the human element in these sectors.
You will have the opportunity to build on your existing research track record and be supported in developing new skills and interests aligned with CMMI’s projects. You will also be able to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to CMMI’s growth – a young and vibrant organisation.
- An MSc in Naval Architecture or/and Marine Engineering.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Knowledge of commercial software tools for vessel and offshore platform design purposes.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal).
- Experience as Technical Superintendent or fleet performance manager/analyst or similar will be considered an advantage.
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking.
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills.
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations to build productive relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- 13th Salary.
- Pension Plan.
- Flexible Working Arrangements.
- Extensive learning opportunities.
- Purpose-driven organisation.
- A culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to [email protected] (Position Reference MOSTEC2022_2), no later than the 1st of November 2022.
- A cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a career at CMMI, the employment availability date (1-page maximum)
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
- Short description of academic and industrial experience (1-page maximum)
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please contact us at +357 24506122 or by email at [email protected]
Please refer to our privacy notice in Privacy Notice Potential Employees.