The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European Non-profit Science and Technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued at its five Research Centres: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Centre (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Centre (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Centre (EEWRC), the Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre (CARE-C) and the Science and Technology Driven Policy and Innovation Research Center (STeDI-RC). Considerable cross center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) invites applications for a highly motivated professional to join the Institute at the position of Manager for the European Digital Innovation Hub for Cyprus (EDIH) DiGiNN. European Digital Innovation Hubs (EDIH) in the Digital Europe program will run until 2029 and are going to ensure that innovative digital solutions, based on new technologies, are integrated into the day-to-day business of companies and public administrations. EDIHs will function as one-stop shops that help SMEs and the public sector dynamically respond to the digital challenges and become more competitive. By providing access to technical expertise and experimentation as well as the possibility to “test before invest”, EDIHs help companies improve business/production processes, products, or services using digital technologies. They also provide innovation services, such as financing advice, training, and skills development that are needed for a successful digital transformation.
The successful candidate will work together with the project’s Coordinator and the EDIH Management Board, being jointly responsible for realizing the Hub’s mission for the digital transformation of Cyprus. The candidate will oversee all business functions of the hub, providing leadership in partner and client management, as well as in the further development of the Hub’s business and strategy. The role also involves: managing the overall operation, oversight for resource planning and allocation, participating and contributing in all of the activities and affairs of the EDIH. The candidate must have excellent managerial and interpersonal skills, with strong capacities for coordinating human resources, and for generating and maintaining contacts in the business and governmental sectors, as well as obtaining support from them for the Hub. The initial period of the appointment will be until 30/11/2025, with the possibility of renewal for up to four additional years, depending on performance and availability of funds.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Oversees and contributes to the planning, coordination and management (administrative, financial) of the DiGiNN EU-funded project.
- Contributes to and ensures smooth collaboration between the EDIH partners.
- Leads and contributes to the planning and management (operational, administrative, financial and technical) of the EDIH.
- Plans, supervises and leads the EDIH teams, and mentors the team members while ensuring the progress of the work and the completion of the planned tasks/deliverables on time.
- Coordinates and contributes to the KPIs monitoring, risk management, quality management and Data Management.
- Acts as a liaison between clients and the technical/business development teams.
- Promotes and manages the collaboration of the EDIH with innovative technology companies, public organizations and ecosystem stakeholders.
- Coordinates and participates in various events (training events, raising awareness events, networking and community building)
- Oversees and contributes to the improvement of existing and the identification and development of new services within the hub.
- Coordinates and contributes to the development and implementation of the Marketing, Communication and Dissemination plan.
- Develops, maintains and extends effective networks, partnerships and alliances with researchers, industry, clients and key stakeholders, to build strong business partnerships.
- Contributes to the sustainability of the EDIH, including the development of new initiatives that support and expand the operations of the EDIH.
- Undertakes any other task and initiative in relation to her/his appointment.
- Master or other postgraduate degree in any natural sciences, engineering or business management/administration or related fields
- At least ten years of experience in research, innovation or business-related fields, of which five years in a position of increased responsibility
- Good understanding of digital technologies and innovation
- Demonstrated project management skills and high-level ability to operate effectively in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to initiate and develop strategic partnerships and alliances and to manage partners and stakeholder relations.
- Strong business and technical writing skills, including the development of business cases, project plan preparation and reporting.
- High-level interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Ability to multitask and flexibility to change priorities with limited supervision.
- High-level organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present to medium and large audiences.
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English and Greek
- Knowledge of and skills in a wide spectrum of digital technologies and their impact on the economy.
- Experience in innovation management
- Experience in proposal writing for funding
- Experience in marketing and communications
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://bit.ly/3HDLRTw) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest, and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr Vassilis Tsakalos ([email protected]). Please note that applications which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equal Opportunities Employer certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labor and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Contact person: Vassilis Tsakalos
Reference number: CYI_DiGiNNM_23_01