As part of our continuous growth and development and our ability to operate at a high standard, we are currently looking to enrich our Corporate and Commercial Department and especially our M&A and Financial Services and Regulation practices, with an exceptionally talented corporate lawyer. The ideal candidate would have a combination of experience in complex Corporate and Commercial transactions and expertise in Financial Services.
The successful candidate will be part of our Tier 1 team and will deal with novel, complex and high-value cross-border projects, assignments and engagements, often with demanding timetables, with the following main responsibilities:
- Assist clients to navigate the increasingly complex Cyprus and EU legal and regulatory framework governing the financial services sector
- Provide expert legal advice and assistance in all legal and regulatory matters in Cyprus rules and regulation on banking, investment services, collective investments and their managers, capital markets, electronic money, payment institutions and crypto-assets business
- Liaise with financial services regulators as well as a wide spectrum of clients (including market-leading domestic, EU and non-EU regulated entities, corporations and high net worth individuals) on their business to, in and/or from Cyprus
- Anticipate challenges clients are likely to face and act proactively
- Develop and support business development activities and contribute to growth
- Manage and mentor a team of lawyers and be responsible for their effective and productive day-to-day work, their training and professional development
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- More than 5 years of PQE with a top-tier firm and/or financial regulator and/or regulated entity
- Detailed understanding of the financial services area
- Excellent command of Greek and English
- Time management and Reporting Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player who enjoys contributing actively to the team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong work ethics, positive attitude and confidential approach
An attractive package including 13th salary, as well as continuous education and professional development will be offered to the successful candidate in line with experience and qualifications.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.