GCC Computers Ltd is seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join the Technical Services Department, at their offices in Nicosia.
GCC Computers Ltd has a distinguished market presence in Cyprus as providers of IT-based solutions and System Integrators and has built a strong reputation as technology professionals and employers. For more than 30 years we have enjoyed considerable success serving the broader Government, semi-Government, Telecommunications, Utilities and Banking markets with core Business Solutions as well as Hardware, Networking, and Network Security Solutions. GCC Computers Ltd has several partnerships with leading vendors including Hewlett Packard, Juniper Networks and Fortinet.
The IT Systems Administrator will join a team of IT specialists responsible for administering, managing, and supporting IT infrastructure at a diverse set of customers, including but not limited to, managed services arrangements, to ensure the provision of a stable and dependable environment. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of IT systems as well as practical experience in preventive maintenance and monitoring of infrastructure and services.
- Administer and manage IT infrastructure environments, including servers, networks and storage systems.
- Perform system health monitoring, diagnostic tests, troubleshoot and fix issues compromising system performance or access to IT services.
- Analyze customer needs, identify vulnerabilities, and develop and implement new solutions and upgrades to inform business objectives and to improve the security posture.
- Analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement and assist with process improvement and automation.
- Provide consulting to customers on a diverse set of topics, including migration of workloads to cloud or hybrid environments, disaster recovery scenarios, data backup strategies etc.
- Stay informed on new advancements, features and competitive solutions in the industry.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other IT related field
- 5+ years experience in IT administration and management
- Team oriented but also able to work independently
- Willing to continuously improve personal skills and knowledge
- Excellent customer facing skills and an ability to develop trusting customer relationships
- Strong verbal communication skills (in English and Greek).
- Experience with or knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and Linux based), enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Experience with administration of technologies based on Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, and other Windows-based applications.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 technologies
- Expertise in implementing, configuring, testing and troubleshooting IT solutions.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and system security
- Experience with or knowledge in management of Azure or AWS cloud resources, migration of workloads, or DR scenarios design and implementation will be considered a plus.
- Professional certifications
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates send their C.V. to [email protected] before March 29, 2023, quoting the Job title and Reference number. The application must clearly outline the relevant technical experience of the candidate.
Due to high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.