TUS Airways is inviting candidates to submit their CV applications for the following position which must fulfil the requirements below:
Head of Commercial Development – Europe
Focused on the delivery of strategic commercial initiatives & solutions, the Head of Commercial Development would suit an individual with a high level of commercial acumen and a background within airline, hotel, hospitality, travel, or related sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, qualifies and develops European business opportunities for TUS, aligned with wider commercial and corporate strategy.
- Works directly with all the key stakeholders internally and externally including appointed GSAs’ to support all sales initiatives and commercial business activities.
- Monitors and analyzes regional performance to identify trends and opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in policy and procedures to improve efficiency.
- As a lead Commercial stakeholder, plays a key role in the delivery of commercial objectives across the airline.
- Builds positive relationships with colleagues across the airline to shape and influence commercial decisions, driving outcomes that support our strategic priorities and balance customer, commercial and supplier outcomes.
- Derives new insights from multiple data points and translates them into breakthrough opportunities & compelling cases for action.
- Uses excellent communication skills to successfully influence improved commercial outcomes based on insight.
- Uses experience and knowledge of the industry to stay ahead of the curve, driving innovation both internally and externally with partners.
- Engages and builds close relationships with suppliers with a view to bring mutually beneficial products to market.
- Provides regular performance-based commercial reporting to key stakeholders within the business.
- Continually develops wider understanding of external market factors, industry trends and the wider travel landscape.
- Acts as a bridge between commercial & operations teams to ensure that commercial goals are consistently delivered throughout the customer journey and that customer & operational delivery feedback is heard and acted upon.
- Leads commercial negotiation with European airports to ensure tariffs & incentives match TUS capacity plans.
- Negotiates marketing support with European airports, tourism boards & regional development agencies.
- Sales Programs: Provides overall strategic development, management and analysis of commercial dealing
Requirements and Qualifications
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- High level of commercial acumen.
- Solid understanding of profit and loss drivers within a travel environment.
- Proven project/time management skills.
- Agile and dynamic with the ability to make quick decisions in a time pressured environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrable ability to interpret data sources in order to identify areas of opportunities and recommend solutions
- Huge drive and ambition needed to achieve new business
- Airline commercial awareness, numerate and analytically competent.
- Experience in an airline sales environment with a proven track record of success in product implementations, account development and delivery will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of current airline technologies and emerging industry trends will be considered an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of global distribution systems. airline distribution mechanics and channel management will be considered an advantage.
- The ability to manage key stakeholders internally and externally.
Candidates interested in applying for the above position should submit their CV applications with supporting documentation through our website at https://onlinerecruitment.exelsyslive.com/?c=ef534a2e-7591-400a-a1a6-ca6a2dc25c42) by 15th February 2023. All applications will be handled in confidence.