The Island Private School of Limassol in Cyprus opened for the first 500 students in September 2022, and is now looking for competent, experienced and, above all, passionate Extracurricular Primary Teacher to join the team for the current academic year and continue in 2023-2024.
We are also in the process of planning our new school campus on a beautiful 50,000 m2 site to be completed approximately by end of 2025, that will include kindergartens, elementary and high schools, an international boarding school, and accommodation for teachers. This is a great opportunity to join a growing school on the cusp of a major turning point.
Cyprus regulations require applicants to have a university degree in education recognised by KYSATS and the ability to pass a background check.
- Planning and preparing educational activities: Extracurricular teachers in primary education should be able to design and plan activities that are age-appropriate and engaging for children. They should create lesson plans that align with the curriculum and ensure that they have all the necessary materials and resources to facilitate the activities.
- Lead learning activities: Activities to be based on best practice PYP learning both individually and in groups
- Facilitating learning: Extracurricular teachers should lead activities that promote children’s learning and development. They should encourage children to participate and engage in activities and facilitate discussions that encourage critical thinking.
- Supervising children: Extracurricular teachers are responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children in their care. They should maintain a safe and secure environment and supervise children to ensure that they are following the rules and behaving appropriately.
- Communicating with parents: Extracurricular teachers should regularly communicate with parents and keep them informed about their child’s progress. They should be available to answer questions and provide feedback to parents about their child’s learning and development.
- Creating a positive classroom environment: Extracurricular teachers should create a welcoming and positive classroom environment that promotes learning and engagement. They should foster a sense of community among the children and create a space that is conducive to learning.
- Continuing professional development: Extracurricular teachers should continuously seek to improve their teaching practice by engaging in professional development activities. They should attend workshops, training sessions, and other professional development opportunities to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Learn and develop PYP childhood learning and teaching strategies and approaches.
- Participate in collaborative planning and add to PYP planners.
- Support children in personal hygiene and wellbeing routines.
- Maintain confidentiality about children’s learning, development and care at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that students follow established routines and procedures.
- Collaborate with other team teachers (class and co-teachers) to ensure a seamless transition between activities and programs.
- Attend staff meetings, professional development sessions, and training as required.
- Follow all relevant policies and procedures regarding safety, child protection, and health and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Pedagogical is a must. Additional degrees would be considered an advantage.
- Professional Educator Diploma or other teacher qualification if available (e.g. QTS, PGCE).
- Has fluent English level C1.
- Familiar with technology use in teaching and learning.
- Is compassionate and attentive to students; knows how children learn and can support their learning.
- Remember how to be curious and awed by the world around.
- Can create and improvise and has a desire to co-create a child-centred curriculum and bring it to life.
- Has a mild allergy to sitting at the desk and strictly following the prescribed curriculum.
- A unique opportunity for a career in a fast-growing polysystemic school
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience
- Modern & Professional Work Environment
- Optional participation in the Company’s Group Medical Scheme
- Opportunities to learn and develop yourself
Position Working Days/hours:
Monday to Friday, 10-18 or 14-18
Applications must include a brief statement (no longer than a page) describing the key features of your philosophy of education and approach to working with young people. Please indicate clearly in your application how your experience and expertise might align with the expectations we have highlighted.
Safeguarding: At The Island Private School of Limassol, we follow safer recruitment practices and we are committed to the Safeguarding of our students. As such this post is subject to reference and police checks.
GDPR: Applicants should note that based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), all applications/CVs are kept in our database based on the consent period each candidate applied for. In case you have forwarded us your CV in the past and you are interested in this position, please apply again