Our client is a software company that designs and delivers enterprise software and ERP applications and related professional services for people in services organizations, with a special focus on the professional services, education, public services, and nonprofit sectors
We are looking for an ERP Application Support Engineer for a position in Nicosia, Cyprus to work closely with the Service Delivery Manager, working for one of their biggest implementation clients. The Application Engineer will be assisting the User Help Desk. You will work with a peer to perform ‘subject matter expert’ activities in the company’s ERP solution.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To progress IT and Business Application related cases/ incidents/ defects that are escalated from the company’s dedicated internal Level 1 User Helpdesk (located in Cyprus at the customer’s premises) through to conclusion.
- Verify that ERP software defect documentation escalated from level 1 or level 2 is complete and that reproduction steps are clear and well defined in order to allow onward escalation to 3rd level of support e.g. Global Support.
- Document and deliver solution workarounds where applicable to downgrade the criticality of a given defect.
- Perform internal and customer training activities (e.g., new ERP software features delivered by the company) including training documentation updates.
- Perform basic Problem Management by identifying the root causes of batches of similar incidents – then producing knowledge articles to promote user self-help and assisting the User Helpdesk to operate more efficiently.
- Describe, document, and package development requirements (e.g., chargeable change controls) for passing to the Service Engagement Management team.
- Assist the Testing Lead with specific testing activities where required e.g.:
- with respect to specific defect fixes released by the Engineering/ R&D Teams
- elements of regression, user acceptance, and integration testing
- Possess a broad knowledge of the solution architecture to assist with the resolution of critical incidents e.g., understanding of application architecture, integration landscape, and service delivery model.
- At least 5 years experience of using an ERP e.g.: SAP/NetSuite, a product with at least 3 of these being in a 2nd level/3rd level support or “system account” role
- You will be very IT literate with a great knowledge of MS Excel. Any knowledge of basic SQL would be advantageous.
- Broad Finance module knowledge. Any knowledge of the Income Manager module would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in using ServiceNow service management software is an advantage
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact at the senior level in the organization
- Strong leadership and excellent team-building skills; capacity to train and guide junior team members
- Fluency in English, both orally and in writing. Ability to manage and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- You can be based anywhere in Europe