The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European Non-profit Science and Technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued at its four Research Centres: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Centre (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Centre (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Centre (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre (CARE-C). Considerable cross-centre interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for a highly qualified and motivated professional to join the Institute as an Education & Training Officer. The ideal candidate should have a keen interest in Higher Education and a strong desire to work in a vigorous academic environment and to grow in a role of an academic professional.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Office of Graduate Studies of The Cyprus Institute (CyI) and will carry out tasks related to the operation of the School’s educational activities. Additionally, the candidate will provide support to activities of Edu4ClimAte project and more specifically to tasks related to WP1, ‘High quality Education and Training’. The successful candidate should have excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills and should be able to multitask changing priorities with limited supervision. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to adopt in a multicultural environment are essential.
The candidate will report to the Head of the Office of the Graduate School.
The rank of the position will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. The initial period of the appointment will be for a duration of 12 months with the possibility of renewal, depending on performance and availability of funds. An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered, which is commensurate with the level of experience of the successful candidate.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Provide support in matters regarding the accreditation of new programs and evaluation of already accredited programs;
- Provide support in the upgrading of the CyI Masters and Doctoral programmes;
- Aid in activities related to Edu4ClimAte project. More specifically provide support in the implementation of tasks related to WP1 ‘High Quality Education and Training’. These include but are not limited to the below activities:
- Provide support in the initiation of bilateral institutional agreements;
- Publication of Joint PhD projects;
- Identification of available resources within the consortium;
- Upgrading and alignment of postgraduate curricula with new/updated courses;
- Creation of an open-access course database;
- Refinement of courses;
- Provide admin and logistics support for the organisation of Summer Schools;
- Carry out activities related to communication strategy (e.g. leaflet, dissemination);
- Carry out activities related to the operations of the School’s educational and training programs, including monitoring, implementation and support of existing and future programs;
- Provide support in the development and revision of official documents, academic calendars and other material;
- Deal with matters related to the admission of new students, guiding prospective applicants through the application process from enquiries to admission;
- Contribute to the design of new recruitment strategies for students, participate in recruitment drives, help organizing promotional events and outreach activities;
- Deal with matters related to quality assurance and facilitate the implementation of quality assurance mechanisms and procedures;
- Coordinate with academic staff for organization of courses, lectures, seminars, etc.;
- Assist in organizing and leveraging mobility programmes (joint PhD degrees, ERASMUS+, courses, workshops, executive programs, etc.);
- Assist in attracting funding through competitive educational and training grants, search and promote funding opportunities, and assist in proposal preparation;
- Provide support to the Graduate School’s various committees;
- Support the Head of the Office of Graduate Studies in dealing with external relationships and contacts with public and private stakeholders as well as assist in communications related to academic affairs;
- Liaise with staff across the Institute for various matters related to the Graduate School’s operations;
- Support student’s affairs and international affairs.
- MSc/MA in any field
- Minimum 2 Years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge and command of the English language
- Excellent Office IT skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and initiative
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance and prioritize the conflicting demands and meet deadlines
- Adjustability and ability to work in a multicultural (international) environment
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work co-operatively as part of a team across institutional boundaries
- Post-graduate degree in a subject relevant to the job is considered a competitive advantage
- Excellent knowledge and command of the Greek language will be considered as an advantage
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://bit.ly/3HDLRTw) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest, and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr Chrysanthia Leontiou ([email protected]). Please note that applications which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equal Opportunities Employer certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labor and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Contact person: Chrysanthia Leontiou