Hellenic Bank Public Company Limited, one of the leading Financial Institutions in Cyprus, is seeking to recruit an experienced Database Administrator in the Infrastructure & Operations Department of the Technology & Digital Division.
- Administration of one of the following Databases:
– MS SQL Server
- Ensure smooth operation of all related systems/databases allowing improved stability, performance and availability.
- Prepare the Databases Infrastructure of application environments based on design provided.
- Analyse business needs and provision of the appropriate rights to users depending on their duties for controlled access and data security.
- Monitor and study technological developments related to Database Infrastructure and prepare recommendations for utilization/implementation in the Bank’s Infrastructure.
- Perform with the vendor/s the latest hardware, O/S and software patches to keep appliances up to date, fixing the latest bugs and security vulnerabilities.
- Provide technical advice and support to other IT technical staff, as well as to end-users where required.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a related position.
- Experience in Oracle / MS SQL server administration.
- Experience in the following areas will be considered as an advantage:
– Exadata System
– Unix / Linux Administration
– Teradata Systems
– NetBackup solutions
– Azure Database Administration
– Knowledge of the banking – financial environment
- Highly-motivated with ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Ability to cooperate well in a team and build constructive working relationships to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Accountable, flexible and adaptable to business needs and work responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to engage with people at all levels.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Fluency in Greek and English, both verbal and written.
All applications will be reviewed and assessed and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants who have submitted an application to Hellenic Bank in the past and meet the requirements of the above position must fill a new application.
Deadline for submitting applications: 4th of December 2022
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
For additional information, please contact us on the following telephone number: 22500005.