Requisition ID: 1278183
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies.
And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated Data Engineer to join our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) Services. Being part of the broader SaT team, you will be responsible for identifying appropriate modelling techniques to answer the most critical business questions and use your analysis to infer well substantiated business insights in support of your clients’ decision making.
You will use your knowledge and experience to shape solutions and conduct statistical analyses and evaluate large data sets. You will be also responsible for the analytical process from task definition to analysis modelling and interpretation of results.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong academic background, including at a minimum a bachelor or a master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or any other related field.
- Proven experience with Python and exposure to particularly Pandas, ETL, NumPy.
- Understanding of relational databases and data querying (SQL).
Ideally you will also have:
- Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues.
- Data-driven storytelling skills and knowledge of data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Strong analytical mind-set, ability and experience to analyse complex data, including transactional, behavioural, web and research data.
- Relevant internships or work experience would be considered as an advantage.
- Understanding of the mathematical theory behind common machine learning algorithms for solving classification and regression problems in supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Good knowledge of web scraping techniques.
What working at EY offers
EY offers an attractive remuneration package for rewarding both personal and team performance. We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. In addition, but not limited to our benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements (work from anywhere when possible and flexible work schedule)
- Friday afternoon off
- EY Tech MBA and EY Master’s in business Analytics
- EY Badges – digital credentials
- Mobility programs (if interested to work abroad)
- Private Medical and Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Maternity, Wedding and New Baby Gifts
- Dress for the Occasion
- EY Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (counselling, legal and financial consultation services).
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.