We are seeking to recruit a young, energetic graduate to join our Core Networks Planning Team who will be responsible for helping in designing, dimensioning, planning, delivering and reporting for the Core Networks. Furthermore, providing cost optimized, reliable and high-performance Core Networks solutions, according to the epic overall strategic targets and the guidelines given by Core Networks Planning Manager.
- Plans, designs and dimensions (hardware and software) the elements of the Core Networks.
- Prepares and applies detailed configuration instructions.
- Designs and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks and/or high-level elements of the network (e.g. IMS, MSS, MGW, MME, SGSN, S/P-GW, GGSN, MGCF, BSC, RNC).
- Instructs and authorizes configuration changes and implementation of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Implements configuration changes of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the Core Networks.
- Prepares customer solutions in the Core Networks.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the elements of the Core Networks.
- Participates in the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the Core Networks.
- Contacts vendors, exchanging information for software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyzes overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the Core Networks.
- Documents network configurations, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Monitors daily health of the Core Network Elements and works to solve issues that might arise
- Receives and troubleshoots customer complaints as reported by Customer Care agents in a timely manner
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science
- Postgraduate degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks will be considered as an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar position will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of signalling systems, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of signalling protocols, e.g. ISUP, MAP, SIP will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of mobile and fixed/DSL network concepts, architectures and communication flows
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN switching and routing technologies and protocols
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports
- Knowledge of Unix or Linux
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills