ISX Financial EU Plc is an Electronic Money Institution authorised by the Central Bank of Cyprus. The company provides payments, issuance of electronic money, IBAN-addressable stored value accounts and KYC identity verification services to eCommerce merchants, regulated sector businesses and consumers.
Our inhouse developed platforms allow us to deliver technology and financial services to our customers. ISX Financial EU Plc operates a sophisticated & patented anti-money laundering and anti-fraud system that also provides transactional security to business and retail customers. It is real-time and detects the AML issues currently in focus by regulators.
ISX Financial EU Plc is part of the ISX Financial Group of companies. The Group employs more than 125 staff located across our offices located in Australia, Cyprus, Lithuania, United Kingdom, Netherlands, USA, Israel, Malta.
ISX Financial EU Plc is now looking for talented individuals, with natural commercial acumen, to join an important team within the ISX group. Those individuals will help deliver key regulatory objectives, across the Compliance and Risk functions to ensure the ongoing compliance of the ISX group through compliance advisory, monitoring and surveillance, KYC and Financial Crime Compliance. The successful individuals will be able to rotate around several teams to enable them to develop their skill-set whilst gaining a thorough understanding of the business .
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Financial Crime Compliance
- Oversight of Suspicious Activity Reporting;
- Advising the business on FCC matters;
- Transaction data analysis;
- Identifying and verifying that merchants hold appropriate licensing to operate in their stated industry sectors, particularly those that are sensitive to AML/CFT risks, which may include but is not limited to: licensing status; geographical location and regulatory limitations or enforcement, sanctions imposed and politically exposed persons in control; Industry type; business credibility;
- Ensuring Compliance with the company’s policies and procedures, including, but not limited to: AML/CTF, ABAC, Information security, and data privacy, audit requirements;
- Administration of the initial on-boarding and ongoing operational merchant due diligence and card scheme compliance;
- Undertake due diligence procedures for the onboarding of clients (KYC);
- Ensuring merchants are on-boarded according to ISX Financial’s policies and procedures;
- Process applications for the opening of new client accounts into the company’s systems for the Purpose of ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC);
- requesting, gathering and checking completeness of all merchant due diligence data, information and/or documentation required as per Company Procedures;
- Verifying the data, documentation / information for purpose of including checks of merchant incorporation status via company house/company registrar, regulators, specialist databases and public access databases;
- Identification of significant controllers and beneficial owners;
- Ensuring client status recorded is up-to-date throughout the client lifecycle from on-boarding through to termination;
- Perform the periodic KYC reviews of client accounts;
- Amend existing clients accounts in compliance systems;
- Updating clients’ records in compliance folders;
- Receive and review documents and handle filing administration;
- Communication with and supporting other departments;
- Assist in updates to policies and procedures;
- Compliance projects management programme;
- Undertake compliance monitoring and surveillance;
- Assisting in the response to regulatory queries and Auditor requests;
- Participation in the ISX Enterprise-wide risk assessment process;
- Assist in developing the ISX Control framework;
- Data Analysis and presentation;
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory reports;
- Seeking approval of work via the ISX governance framework;
- Assist in the production of internal management information;
- Assist in regulatory communications;
Scheme and business partner requirements
- Assist in ensuring the ongoing compliance with the rules of card schemes and key business partners;
- Assisting in communications with card schemes and key business partners;
- ‘Issuing’ and ‘Acquiring’ experience would be desireable;
Skills and Requirements:
For graduate entrants:
- If you have graduated in the last 5 years; previous work experience in a financial services environment would be desirable.
- An interest in financial services and a willingness and desire to learn about the industry is essential.
For experienced hires:
- Previous experience within a CBC regulated environment would be desirable;
- Demonstrable understanding of financial crime risk mechanisms;
- Knowledge and understanding of the EU and international regulatory environment;
- Ability to analyse complex information and make relevant proposals;
- Excellent English and Greek verbal and written skills;
- Ability to multitask, excellent interpersonal skills;
- Competitive Salary;
- Private health insurance plan participation;
- Performance Bonus, including mix of cash and share-based scheme of company stock for outstanding; performers.;
How to Apply:
Apply to [email protected] with a full copy of your CV quoting “Compliance Associate”.
Right to Work:
You must have the right to legally reside and work in the Republic of Cyprus or be an EU citizen.
Employment is subject to a National Police check.