We are looking for a Business Technical Services Consultant to be based in Cyprus (hybrid role) and provide support for our existing clients in the CIS region.
The successful candidate will build and maintain knowledge of the assigned set of clients at the management level in terms of their business and their solutions/configuration and will provide the required expert technical support ensuring the client is serviced as per their Service Level Agreement.
Key Responsibilities of the role are:
- Understands the client’s business to include all current and planned projects that impact systems, their objectives and expectations at a macro/overall business level, and acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all aspects.
- Provides expertise and counsel on evaluation of the client’s business requirements and effort estimation, advises on how to guide the client to utilize standard solutions while maximizing revenue; identifies and persuades clients into billable projects. Evaluations are typically major projects of high complexity, that require in-depth knowledge of client’s business (e.g. system upgrades and software migration).
- Counsels, consults, mentors and transfers knowledge of how to convert client business requirements into detailed technical specifications, present them internally and externally while securing requirement sign-off. Consults on technical proposals. Utilizes breadth of experience and competence to ensure on highly complex projects that all facets and scope definitions are accurately captured, thoroughly considered, and comprehensively defined.
- Consults business in presenting Company solutions and services with the objective to generate revenue by meeting with technical management of clients and agreeing the delivery scope. Complexity of the requirement or client will typically be higher for this level, e.g. multi-country focused, multiple projects running concurrently, high number of cards supported.
- Works independently as the highest level of business/technical expertise, providing both internal and external consultancy services.
- Reviews documentation from lower level Analysts as required, provides recommendations on maintenance of the client’s system environments by analyzing records of client functionality, environment and client specific documentation. Consults project teams on client customizations and refers them to relevant documentation, and suggests improvements to the current functionality as part of system upgrades.
- Provides expert recommendations for release management between Service Desk, Compliance and Project as well as client activities such as Payment Card Industry audits and internal projects, ensuring that code release doesn’t negatively impact client operations. Performs release management on key and highly complex clients. Provides cross region consultation requiring an expert in a given subject.
- Executes and provides expert advice on the execution of all complexity levels of projects/development work plans and mentors to revise them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Monitors adherence to Service Desk SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and acts as senior stakeholder escalation contact.
- Working as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme
- Flexibility to travel to client premises as required.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Hands-on experience working with Host system
- Experience in writing and analyzing, business analysis, technical solution design, programming and issue analysis of financial services software as well as presentation of solutions to different audiences including senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of Databases Concepts and SQL
- C/C++, ANSI C programming skills
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
- Analytical with excellent problem solving skills with the ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to write technical specifications
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Computer Science or MIS
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills. Basic knowledge of Russian language would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to interact with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve issues.
Knowledge / experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Database development skills, specifically in Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience in software analysis and programming in the Payment Systems industry
- Familiarity with Payment Systems message formats and file structures
- Knowledge in cards and payment system work flow
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Cloud Practitioner certification
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 21.5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Flexible working (hybrid model – part from home, part from office)
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.