Baker Tilly South East Europe is a leading firm of auditors, accountants, tax consultants and business advisors, operating in Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova and Greece. Country offices are independent member firms of Baker Tilly International; one of the Top 10 largest networks of the sector.
A blend of young graduates and mature professionals create a fresh, innovative and forward-looking working environment. Our people are at the forefront, with the firm nurturing a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, and inclusion.
We invite applications from enthusiastic and hard-working individuals to join the Financial Compliance & Reporting Department of our Nicosia office in the position of Associate. The department provides a wide spectrum of services to clients, including bookkeeping services, management accounting, payroll, and preparation of statutory financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the provision of accounting services to a portfolio of clients, operating in various sectors and of different sizes.
- Collecting information and prepare for the daily bookkeeping of clients.
- Record and maintain proper accounting records.
- Prepare daily reconciliations of banks, debtors and creditors.
- Process invoices, receipts and payments.
- Assist in payroll processing.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation related to the annual audit, Income Tax and VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts and reporting packages.
- Engage in various administrative duties.
- University Degree in Accounting & Finance or related field.
- Holder of LCCI Higher will be considered an advantage.
- Holder or studying towards the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) or CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) qualification will be considered an advantage.
- Computer Literacy, with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Greek and English.
- Learning & Development activities
- Flexibility in start and end time
- Flexible working arrangements for working mothers
- Friday afternoon off
- Increasing number of annual leave days based on experience at the firm
- Unlimited progression opportunities on a structured career path
If you are interested in joining our firm, please submit your interest by completing our online application https://forms.monday.com/forms