The Administrative Assistant and Receptionist will provide general reception duties and support the College in a variety of capacities. The Administrative Assistant and Receptionist will be providing front desk customer service to students, staff, instructors and administration members.
Reports to the Manager of Campus Operations
Full time, permanent
- Must have open availability on Monday to Friday, full-time, 5 days/week. Schedule will vary from term to term and will include both daytime and evening shifts for a total of 40 hours a week, on 5 days a week. Flexibility will be required.
- College operating hours are 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and shifts are either opening (8:00 am -4:30 pm) or closing (12:30 pm – 9:00 pm).
- Saturday day shift may be required on occasion.
LOCATION: Burnaby Campuses (4805 Kingsway and 4603 Kingsway)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- High School Diploma from a BC Secondary school (or equivalent)
- Minimum of one year’s related work experience
- One year of post-secondary education considered an asset
- Knowledge of the BC College and University system;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Experience working with speakers of other languages;
- Flexible with a ‘team player’ attitude;
- Able to take initiative and complete tasks as assigned;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office;
- Strong proficiency in English.
- Keeping reception area clean and professional
- Closing and opening duties of the campus, as required
- Monitoring staff whereabouts (e.g. lunches/meetings)
- Answering phones and maintaining phone system including voicemail
- Receiving and sending faxes
- Handling and distributing outgoing mail
- Maintenance of information displays (organization and content) within campus (other than signs for Admissions, Student Activities or ACSA)
- Assessing supply levels and assisting with ordering of basic facility needs (e.g., staff food, coffee supplies, toner, basic office supplies, etc.)
- Creating & printing labels
- Updating important phone number lists
- Updating internal phone list
- Updating Staff Birthday list and organizing Staff Birthday celebrations
- Maintaining parking information as needed
- Responding to parking concerns including the need of calling a tow truck
- Preparing monthly newsletters for staff and faculty
- Maintaining and updating reception training manual as needed
- Providing general information to staff and faculty (e.g. copier codes, etc.)
- Managing lost and found items
- Preparing envelopes for course archives
- Ordering office supplies
- First tier trouble shooting on photo copier and managing photocopy supplies
- Responding appropriately to facilities and campus concerns
- Providing administrative support to staff and instructor members as needed
- Forwarding instructor IT concerns to the IT team
- Arranging for services required for Alexander College Events
Customer Service/Student Inquiries
- Providing first point of contact and customer service
- Verifying student identification for exams
- Assisting students with general information and direct them to the appropriate department when needed
- Training, and scheduling student workers at respective campus
- Attending scheduled team meetings
- Other duties as requested and assigned by the Director of Campus Operations and the Campus Operations Manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the above position and you would like to apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the e-mail title being “[Your Full-Name]_Administrative Assistant and Receptionist 2023” to [email protected]. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us what you would bring to the team and why you’d be perfect for this role. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!