On behalf of our client, Periyiali Konnos Villas Beach Resort, a newly established unique destination in Konnos area – Protaras, comprising exclusive luxury villas, a private Club House with high-quality Restaurants and Bars, personalised service, Spa and other facilities, we seek to recruit an energetic and high calibre professional for the position of Accounting & Purchasing.
The successful candidate will be exposed to all facets of the Accounting & Purchasing Department, assisting in the maintenance of the Resort’s finances while evaluating suppliers, negotiating contracts and ensuring that all vendors payments are accurate and made on a timely basis.
More specifically, the responsibilities of the successful candidate will be the following, amongst others:
- Prepare and process all accounts payable and accounts receivable entries (i.e. invoices, payments, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner
- Consolidate, maintain and monitor financial budgets and expenses of all the Resort’s Divisions
- Perform reconciliations for account balances, including creditor and debtor account balances
- Manage correspondence with creditors and debtors, as and when required, and maintain complete and accurate records for all outstanding accounts
- Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to Resort procedures, and process the accounting entries on the accounting system
- Be accountable for employees’ payroll administration
- Establish and maintain long-term business partnerships (e.g. banks, vendors, suppliers, other third parties, etc.), for the purpose of daily operations management
- Prepare financial reports required by the Resort’s Divisions, including monthly statements, and assist in the month-end closing procedures ensuring that these are completed in a timely manner
- Participate in the negotiation process with new vendors or suppliers in relation to the terms of agreement (i.e. costs, discounts, payment method, delivery methods, etc.) and monitor the offers received so as to reach the best and most profitable agreements
- Continuously review contracts with existing vendors or suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed SLAs
- Ensure and verify that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s price lists are maintained
- Receive and verify all purchase requests received from the various Divisions of the Resort for raw materials, equipment and tools and seek approval by the Resort General Manager
- Coordinate and communicate with suppliers to ensure timely and correct receipt of products, based on agreements in terms of quality and quantity
- Closely collaborate with the Resort’s Warehouse to confirm stock availability and verify receipt of items in relation to the purchasing orders placed
- Monitor and keep record of all orders placed and the associated information (e.g. supplier details, date of receipt, quantity)
- Prepare and submit to the Resort General Manager reports in relation to the purchases per suppliers and/or product code (e.g. cost, quantity, quality, level of compliance with Resort’s procedures, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance or in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
- ACA / ACCA partly or newly qualified, will be considered an advantage
- LCCI Higher Certificate in Accounting
- At least five (5) years of proven experience in a similar position preferably in the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and perform under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, numerical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving sills
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Experience working with accounting systems will be considered as advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the English and Greek languages
- Knowledge of any other language will be considered as an advantage
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, according to qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Interested applicants should send their CV at [email protected] and/or apply through www.cydeloittecareers.com selecting the “Accounting & Purchasing Officer” vacancy under “Vacancies at Deloitte clients” no later than Friday, 12th of August 2022.
Kindly note that only successful candidates will be contacted for this position.