Job ID 21999
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a CySEC regulated Investment Firm with expanding operations in Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit an Accounting Officer to join their growing team based in Limassol. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the successful applicant will be responsible for a variety of reconciliations on a daily basis, including bank accounts and both corporate and client accounts. Our client is seeking applicants who are educated to degree level in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related fields who possess some previous experience in a relevant position. Any previous experience working in the Forex, Financial Services and/or Payments industries will be considered an advantage and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are a must.
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts, both corporate and client accounts.
- Daily reconciliation of PSP transactions with the trading system.
- Daily client transactions/trading book to be posted in the accounting system.
- Daily segregation of client funds.
- Daily posting of Invoices in the accounting system.
- Process any other daily reconciliations as required.
- Process supplier payments and maintain supplier ledger & reconcile to supplier statements.
- Assist with month end procedures.
- Assist with adhoc reporting requirements, which may arise from time to time.
- Assisting with the annual audit for the financial statements to be submitted within the deadline.
- Assist the other finance members to ensure that all relevant internal and external deadlines are met.
- Educated to degree level in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Approximately 1 year of experience in a relevant accounting and finance role is essential.
- Previous experience working in the Forex, Financial Services and/or Payments industry will be considered an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel is a must.
- Numerate, thorough and with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills are a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.