We are actively seeking to add new members to our Tax team in our office in Limassol. No need to have previous experience, we have you covered as your professional development and personal success is our commitment. You only need to bring your positive attitude and be motivated to become our next tax specialists. Successful candidates will report to a Tax Manager and will work as part of a team demonstrating the required technical knowledge to achieve high levels of client service in the provision of Tax
The Position: New members joining will be principally involved in the provision of our compliance services and, with the necessary support, will have the day-to-day responsibility for all compliance work undertaken by the Tax team. Eventually, they will be involved in the provision of high-quality advisory work in all sectors of business. The Company will invest towards the personal and professional development of new colleagues to gain knowledge of Tax laws and regulations, skills on how to deal with compliance and consulting across all areas of Direct Taxes focusing on Tax consulting across all sectors of business in Cyprus and beyond, experience in managing Tax risks and the overall ability to make good judgments.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Establishing effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Being proactively involved in the Tax compliance management of the client
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
- Building own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry
- Skills / Requirements:
- Motivated to pursue a professional qualification, or in the process of pursuing a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA).
- Demonstrate ownership and ease with taking initiatives, planning, organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Team player and flexible to work on various types of assignments both independently and in a team
- Be highly motivated with interest in Tax.
- Willing to study and learn more about CY and EU Tax legislation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and agile to work outside normal office hours on demand
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language (written and verbal).
- IT literate with sound knowledge and experience of MS Office.
- Enthusiastic and positive living up to our CLEARR values of Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility
- BenefitsWhat differentiates us:
Our training contract is unique. No need to worry financially, we will support you in every way to earn the qualification of your choice. We will make a financial contribution equal to 100% of costs associated with the qualification you are pursuing; and if you wish to proceed with an additional tax related qualification, we will support you again 100%.
We have removed all closures for reimbursing back any money if you decide to leave at any time during your training contract. We appreciate that the profession and the qualification is not for everyone but also that our needs and goals change as human beings. We want our people to be happy, in control of their future and bring their best selves to the office every day
- We Go Beyond for our people because we care!!
- What will we offer to you?
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies
- A workplace with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients
- International exposure through our Grant Thornton network and global opportunities
- Formal training A Learning & Development path, which focuses on both technical & soft skills. You will also have access to coaching and mentoring
- Your professional and personal success is our commitment
- Other benefits to support you in every way possible:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package, including recognition schemes and 13th salary
- Overtime / Bonus scheme
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Parental leave allowance
- “Be there for our family paid leave” scheme
- “Giving back to the community paid time off” scheme
- “Flexible Working Arrangements” scheme
- “Dress For Your Diary” scheme
- Afternoon off on Fridays
- Four-day long weekends in August (all Fridays free)
- “We never miss a public holiday” scheme
- Sponsorship of yearly professional subscriptions
- Several opportunities for professional and personal growth through our Grant Thornton International network
- What you will you need to do next?If you believe that Grant Thornton is the right place for you, you have the right attitude, skills, aspiration for success and share our CLEARR values we invite you to submit your application online through https://www.grantthornton.com.cy/ together with uploading your latest CV.
Through our fair, transparent and consistent resourcing procedures, we are committed to ensure that the candidate experience for all applicants is of the highest professional standards.