The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit science and technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI are pursued at its four Research Centers: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmospheric Research Center (CARE-C). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The HPC System Engineer is part of a team responsible for the day-to-day operation of the HPC Facility at the Cyprus Institute. As a member of the HPC Facility operations team the HPC System Engineer shares responsibility for the systems administration of the facilities which include small and large scale HPC systems, data storage, HPC networks as well as pre and post-processing systems.
Duties include the contribution to HPC user support and the interaction with resource allocation committees, hardware and software procurement, hardware maintenance and upgrade, technology evaluation and follow-up.
The appointment will be on a full time basis, initially for a duration of 3 years, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds. An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered, which is commensurate with the level of experience of the successful candidate.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- System Administration
- System design, deployment, and performance evaluation
- Systems Monitoring
- System tools development
- Contribution to user support
- Organization and implementation of user support services
- Involvement in resource allocation procedures
- Preparation of documentation material for HPC Facility users
- Management of procurement of hardware and software for the HPC Facility
- Contribution to the implementation of European funded projects
- Preparation of reports and deliverables
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or other related field
- Linux experience required
- Shell scripting (highly desired)
- Good knowledge of Computer Architecture
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek languages, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications/Experience (non-mandatory):
- Networking certifications
- Linux certifications
- Cloud/DevOps certifications
- Network Security-related certifications
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://bit.ly/3HDLRTw) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest, and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact the Dr George Tsouloupas ([email protected]). Please note that applications which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equal Opportunities Employer certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labor and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Ref no: CYI_HPCE_22_14