Dickran Ouzounian & Co. Ltd., distributors and retailers for TOYOTA & LEXUS in Cyprus since 1965, enjoying a leading position in the automotive industry, seeks to recruit a high calibre professional for the position of Financial Controller to be based in NICOSIA. The successful candidate will lead the finance & accounting functions to support the overall business and strategic objectives of the company during an exciting period of transformation as we move from an automobile company to a mobility company.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for analysing financial information, producing forecasts and preparing the necessary financial reports. The person to be appointed will be interpreting data affecting future plans, analysing current and future trends, monitoring fundamental industry and corporate developments and execute ad-hoc financial projects and reports.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide the Managing Director and Board of Directors members with sound financial advice, analysis and forecasting with the aim to maximise stakeholder value.
- Monitor the company’s financial position and present relevant reports management to support strategic decision-making.
- Oversee the preparation of Management Accounts and Business plans.
- Undertake overall management of the accounting department and the proper maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of financial reports to ensure compliance with company, statutory, legal and regulatory requirements and timetables.
- Undertake internal Audit checks as required with the Internal Audit & Accounting Officer.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and Tax returns.
- Prepare and execute the company’s Payroll.
- Maintain and monitor accurate cash flow and cost management procedures.
- Establish an effective internal controls framework.
- Liaise with external auditors, banks and associates.
- Exercise company secretarial duties.
- Member of a professional accounting body such as ACA / ACCA / CPA.
- University Degree in Accounting and Finance or in any other related discipline.
- At least 8 years of related experience.
- Strong business acumen, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong listening, communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, determination, and high levels of personal and organisational achievement.
- Provide effective leadership to enhance communication, teamwork, engagement and to nurture, coach and develop team members to attain high motivation and performance.
- High level of professional integrity and business ethics.
- Resilience, agility and strong work ethics in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English.
- Excellent computer literacy.
An attractive remuneration package, including benefits and company car, will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] no later than 11 July 2022, quoting the job title “Financial Controller”.